College planning, prep, and student debt
Help a family member boost their SAT or ACT score, navigate college admissions, save for college, apply for a student loan, or lower their student debt. Or get help paying off your own student loans through Fidelity’s Student Debt Repayment Program.
You want your kids to do well on their standardized tests and college applications. So they’ll get into a school where they can thrive. So they’ll eventually find a rewarding career. So that one day they’ll maybe, just maybe, claim an address that isn’t the same as yours. OK, don’t get ahead of yourself. For now, just focus on the fact that we’ve partnered with Bright Horizons to offer a variety of free college admissions and financial resources to support your family’s needs — and we’ve made additional, low-cost resources available through Fidelity.
Take the worry out of the college admissions process through College Coach®. Offered by Bright Horizons, this free benefit provides you with access to former college admissions and financial aid officers who offer:
- One-on-one support, including answers to your questions
- Impartial advice on college application lists and admissions essays
- Live events and on-demand webinars
- Online resources and tools targeted to your student’s academic level
Plus, unlike high school guidance counselors, who provide a broad range of support beyond academic advising to a large group of students (the national student-to-counselor ratio is 482:1), Bright Horizons’ College Coach® experts are available year-round for one-on-one college-focused advising.
Paying off your student debt
Are your student loans holding you back? At Lenovo, we want to help change that.
When you sign up for the Student Debt Repayment Program through Fidelity Investments, Lenovo will make $100 monthly payments to your loan-service provider, up to a lifetime max of $10,000 or until the loan is fully repaid.
A few highlights:
- Full-time employees, part-time employees, and supplemental employees with benefits are eligible.
- Most loans taken out in your name — for degree or certification programs for yourself at accredited schools — are covered.
- You can select only one loan at a time for payment under the program.
- You must continue to make your monthly minimum loan payments.
To get started, log in to the Fidelity site, look for Student Debt Program midway down the page, and click Enroll.
- Find personalized college counselors through Collegewise. Students are matched with specific counselors who can help them navigate selecting schools, writing essays, and completing applications.
- Access low-priced, comprehensive ACT and discounted Kaplan SAT and ACT test prep services.
- Get personalized student loan rates or refinance existing loans through Credible — a marketplace of private student loan providers.
- Learn more about how to sock away savings through a tax-advantaged 529 college savings plan.
Did you know?
You can save on taxes with a 529 savings plan. Earnings on your investments are not taxed when they’re used to pay for qualified education expenses such as tuition, room and board, books, or computers.